Jump to navigation
Audio not supported
- Course Facts
- Program Structure
Globally healthcare courses have modified and improved over the years. These changes are results of the feedback from medical practitioners, staff and students. Our Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program contains an innovative tailored curriculum, highly designed to meet the healthcare needs of Pakistan. It is recognized from Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and extensively accredited by many International medical certification bodies.The quality of our modules matches the best offered MBBS anywhere in the world.
The program was started in 1996. It is a pioneering degree program integrated with multi-disciplinary clinical trainings which not only allow you achieve solid scientific understanding about medicine but also provide you perfect opportunity to practice appropriate clinical skills and become leader in your field. The curriculum is taught by expert faculty. They redefine medicine and develop pathways for the research in healthcare. The sixteen batches have already graduated and providing their services in national and global health care industry and many more are yet to go.
Right from the start of the course, the values of the program include student-centered approach, problem-centered approach, patient-centered approach and community-centered approach. However, scientific basis of medicine is strongly emphasized across the years and throughout the course. The registered students of the program go under instructional methods including problem solving in systematic procedures.
Students work in small groups based on actual medical problems they learn how to perform procedures before going in real-life situations. The students focus clinical reasoning and obtain early clinical exposure. They get chance to work on equipment & labs for hands on setting before dealing actual patients. This is the main reason they gain a decent confidence over clinical proficiency and excel in their career. In addition to these facilities students and faculty have also full access to online information portals.
IIMC provides a rich environment for cutting edge research in Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Specialties, Medical Education and Cross Disciplinary research with Bio-Medical Engineering, Information Technology, Rehabilitation and Pharmaceutics. The research Journal of IIMC provides yet another platform for exploring new horizons in basic and clinical subjects.
IIMC has state-of-the-art research labs and equipment for observation and practical research work at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Beside this more than 50,000 e-books and 2,500 journals in the field of medical education are available on our information portal.
- The candidate should have passed the intermediate science (FSc) examination (medical group) securing at least 60% marks in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination of a board of secondary education in Pakistan.
- Any other examination of a foreign university or examining body (A levels etc.) which in scope and standard is found equivalent to the intermediate science F.Sc (Pre Medical Group) examination (medical group) of a Pakistani university or board of secondary education. Such candidates will have to furnish, along with their application, an equivalence certificate from the inter-board chairman of committee (IBCC). However, equivalence certificates of such applicants will not be accepted who have not studied physics, chemistry, biology and English in 11th and 12th grade.
- The candidate should have passed a higher examination of a Pakistani university with biological sciences (BSc) after FSc in medical group, securing 60% marks (in both degrees) in aggregate, unadjusted, from a Pakistani university or an equivalent examination.
Admission for expatriates / International Students:
- Pakistani nationals living abroad who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above are eligible to take the entry test. If they do not take the entry test, they can alternatively take the SAT II test with minimum score of 550.
- If the medium of instruction in that country is other than English, they will also have to take TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 or IELTS with a minimum score of 5.5. They are eligible for both open merit seats and the reserved seats for expatriates. However entry test is mandatory for admission on open merit seat.
- Note: For International students (Non Pakistanis) more documentation shall be required which is provided on our website www.riphah.edu.pk
The distribution of seats is as follows:
Open Merit 78 seats
Foreign / Expatriate 15 seats
Pakistan Railway Employees 05 seats
Al-Mizan Foundation 01 seats
IIMCT/RIU Employees’ Children 01 seat
Total 100 seats
Matric or Equivalent 10%
Intermediate or Equivalent 40%
Provincial Govt. Entry Test 50%
Monday to Friday, (8:00 am to 3:00 pm)
Islamic International Medical College. Al-Mizan IIMCT Complex, Old Supreme Court Building, 274 – Peshawar Road, Rawalpindi
- Pakistan Railway Hospital, Westridge, Rawalpindi
- Riphah International Hospital, Sihala, Zone V, Islamabad
- Hearts International Hospital, Near PC Hotel, The Mall, Rawalpindi
- Max Health Hospital, G-8 Markaz, Islamabad.
|Study Mode||Program Duration||Credit Hours||Intake||Class Timings||1st Year Fee|
|Undergraduate (17 Years)||Full Time||5 Years||–||Once a Year (OCT-NOV)|
Monday to Friday
Will be updated soon
Entry To MBBS
|Seats||Selection Criteria||Scholarships||Offered at||Start Date||Application|
F.Sc (Pre-medical) with minimum unadjusted 60% marks.
Al-Mizan Campus Rawalpindi
Peshawar Medical College: Open
IIMC: Linked with UHS Dates*
Integrated Modular System:
IIMC takes pride in selection by PM & DC for implementing integrated curriculum in MBBS program. Integrated system curriculum is divided into modules. Each module comprises of a specific body system. The curriculum content is spread over two spirals of 02 years each. The first spiral comprises of 13 modules in which 70% content is from basic sciences and 30% from clinical sciences. The second spiral again comprises of 13 modules but 70% content is of clinical sciences and 30% is of basic sciences. The last year (final year) comprises structured clinical clerkships in various clinical departments.
All Rights Reserved, 2018 Riphah International UniversityDesigned and Developed by: Evamp & Saanga